VIVE PLASTIC SURGERY
Abdominoplasty, commonly known as tummy tuck surgery, is a cosmetic procedure that restores the body to a more youthful appearance. A tummy tuck can bring back one’s look before pregnancy, gravity and time began to take their toll. Often, a tummy tuck is a popular procedural choice for the so-named “Mommy Makeovers” that can help busy moms quickly reclaim their pre-pregnancy figures with abdominal contouring.
Tummy Tuck Surgery in Tijuana, Baja California
An abdominoplasty or tummy tuck procedure can be done on its own or with other desired cosmetic surgery procedures. such as: liposuction, breast lift and breast augmentation.
An abdominoplasty procedure can be a great aid to seeing the full results from dramatic weight loss. This is because excess skin and fat are both removed during the procedure. Older adult patients whose skin is beginning to succumb to gravity stretching effect can also enjoy great results from having a tummy tuck. There are different types of tummy tuck procedures that can be performed depending on what one’s cosmetic goals are. These include:
- Full tummy tuck
- Partial tummy tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck, or mini TT
Who is the typical candidate for Tummy Tuck?
The best candidate for an abdominoplasty procedure is someone in good health and has no major surgical procedures scheduled. For the best results, women who plan to become pregnant again should postpone having an abdominoplasty.
In addition, the best candidates will:
- Have completed their weight loss goals (a tummy tuck is not a substitute for maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regiment).
- Have some loose skin or problematic fat deposits that have remained resistant to the slimming potential of a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Be a non-smoker or willing to cease from smoking for a period of time before, during and after the procedure (smoking heavily can interfere with the body’s own ability to heal itself).
- are able to take some time away from work (ideally, 5 to 7 days) to allow the body to fully heal.
- Be free from the need to take any medications that may thin the blood, reduce clotting ability or help to manage an autoimmune-type disorder.
- Have skin that can tolerate incisions well (for instance, skin that won’t produce keloid scars or changes in pigmentation following surgery).
- Are willing to follow post-recovery recuperation instructions precisely (this will provide for the very best results from the procedure).
- Or just someone who want to be ready to wear a new bathing suit for the next summer season…
If you meet each of the criteria outlined here, you are likely a very good candidate for having a tummy tuck procedure.
What Happens During a Tummy Tuck Procedure?
Your tummy tuck in Tijuana procedure will take less than three hours. Our surgeons will perform the procedure in an operating room setting using general anesthesia. You will be asked to arrive earlier than your scheduled procedure start time so you can go through check-in and be fully prepared for your surgery.
Tummy Tuck incisions
Once the procedure begins, Our plastic surgeon will make a total of just two incisions: one will be right around your navel and the other will be from one hipbone to the other below your bikini line (near the pubic bone area).
From here, our surgeon will lift away the fat and skin from the abdominal wall. He will then tighten the muscles by suturing them in place before excising any excess fat or skin that could interfere with your cosmetic results.
During the procedure, to permit any excess fluid to drain out of the area, two temporary tubes will be inserted. These tubes will remain in place for approximately one week following your surgery date.
Suturing and final steps
The final steps of your procedure will be to re-secure the outermost layer of skin with sutures and relocate your navel in a natural place on your abdomen. Sutures will close the incisions, which will be sterilized with a surgical solution for your safety.
Finally, to ensure the sutures stay in place, a surgical binder will be placed around your surgical site .
Tummy Tuck Recovery
After your procedure, you will be transferred to a recovery room and able to return home later that same day. The two tubes will remain in place for a few days after surgery to allow any additional fluid to easily drain out of the healing surgical site.
You will be given prescriptions for any pain management medications you may need and will be asked to lie in a specific position (on your back with pillows under your back and knees) that will allow your waist to remain slightly flexed at all times.